I am pleased to announce that after almost one year of work, long nights, hundreds of coffees, planning, redoing, and the help of the dedicated team of Advanced Installer, the MSI Packaging Training Book is now released.
The MSI Packaging Training ebook is a practical guide for all the professionals seeking to leverage MSI’s software for faster and more efficient applications packaging and deployment.
The 200-page MSI Packaging resource covers:
- What is Windows Installer and what are the tools to use for application packaging
- What is the structure of a Windows installer package
- Scenarios for “How to create MSIs“ in practice
- How to capture / re-package EXE installations
- MSI Transform files (MST): how to create and use them
- How to create Patches (MSP)
- How to create Suite installations
- How to approach the debugging and testing of the MSI
I have created this book to address the beginners or novices in the MSI packaging area and I tried to explain the MSI technology in a way that any reader will know how to handle packages in the future no matter what packaging tool they use. Of course, Advanced Installer with its powerful UI makes everything much easy, and as their motto says “Less scripting. More packaging” really does come in place.
I really hope you enjoy it. You can download it from here:
Apart from that, we have 27 videos which you can watch here.
At the end, you can take the free certification which you can later put it up on LinkedIn.
The full contents can be seen below: